Thursday, September 3, 2009

The end is in sight!!!!



Ooops! I sorta forgot to write in here for awhile! But yes, I am still carrying this little one in my womb :). I am doing the whole "positive thinking" thing and saying I am going to deliver in two more weeks because I want to be early. If it were just that easy :).  As I write this, I am 36 weeks and 5 days, so let's just round up to 37 weeks. Yikes. I seriously do not feel like I could have a baby soon! I feel GREAT. My only uncomfortable issues are, I am having trouble breathing. Not like I need to carry an oxygen tank around with me, but like just shortness of breath. And that is because Mr. Baby Graham is sitting on my diaphragm. Or so I was told :). 
I am really starting to wonder how everything is going to go down....will I go into labor in the middle of the night???? I was thinking about this last night and how this could potentially be an issue. John, my sweet husband has MAJOR sleeping issues. I'm talking he has to take Ambien every single night before he goes to bed, or he won't sleep. I'm not kidding. When he takes this pill, he is out of it. So last night i'm trying to talk to him, but the pill has kicked in high force. THEN i start thinking, oh my gosh..what if I were to go into labor tonight???? He would be so out of it. I would have to drive myself to the hospital!!!! Is that even possible??? I'm really not worried about it. Truly. Just something I was thinking about. I'm hoping to labor at home for the first few hours anyways. So that will give him plenty of time to absorb the pill....
This is sounding way too easy. I know I am in for a huge reality check soon :).



I CANNOT wait to meet this sweet baby boy of mine!!!!! I was driving the other day and became somewhat emotional as I as thinking about the first time I would meet my little guy. Such a gift. Truly. The miracle of life. I can't wait to see  what he looks like :). 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now let me tell you about my sweet, sweet, sweet group of girls from our youth group. I adore these girls. I started leading this group of girls when they were in the 7th and 8th grade. Now they are 10th and 11th graders and all grown up. It has been so neat to walk with them through life. On Sunday, they threw me the most creative and fun shower and to top it off, it was a surprise. John and I thought we were going over to one of the girls houses to have dinner with her parents, so when we opened the door, the whole place was decorated and the girls shouted, "surprise". It was a blast. They planned such fun games, had a great menu, and they all brought gifts. Seriously, I felt so so blessed. I love these girls so much and am so thankful to be part of their lives.


1 comment:

Lugbill said...

i have heard that most babies come in the middle of the night! :) so thats good news!