Monday, May 17, 2010

Tis the season for Garage Sales!!!

I absolutely LOVE going to good garage sales!!!! This past Friday, I went to one about 20 minutes away and got some fun stuff!! Sometimes their is alot of junk or sometimes the stuff is priced too high, but sometimes you can get lucky and get some great deals!!
John has been wanting a lazy boy for a LONG time. I also kinda wanted one too, so I could be comfortable when I nurse Graham. Well, let me show you this awesome lazy boy chair!!! It is dark green leather and in great condition. I got it for $25.


I LOVE this scale. It's an old scale that they used to weigh babies on!!! I started taking a photography class and I thought this would be a really cool prop for some photos!!


I got three bar stools for $10. I plan on painting the green part white.


This is a super cute little red wagon!!! It's just Graham's size:). Again, I thought that it would be a great prop for some photo shoots :).


I love going to garage sales and finding great deals. It's kind of becoming a little hobbie for me!! I also got graham some great Fisher Price toys and he really seems to like those! I'm so glad I have all summer to explore at Garage sales!!!

3 comments:

krissilugbill said...

i am so glad we are blogging! its fun huh? It was really fun to read this blog and look at the pictures! okay so you have inspired me to start garage sale-in! what a fun hobby, and you got such goodies! i love all of it, espcially the scale, it looks vintage and just cool. You will have some great photo shoot! i wish we lived close so we could go garage saleing and do photo shoots with our babies. Speaking of...i am such a dork, i have been doing photo shoots with Lila for practice lately...the latest photo shoot pictures are on her blog... http://lilamaelugbill.blogspot.com/or on my photography blog, the one that i am gonna try to do pay per post for http://freebirdartisticphotography.blogspot.com/
if you get bored and want to blog stock someone like i do :) You have also inspired me to start taking photography classes cause i have been talking about it for so long and i am sick of always talking and never doing. aw, what a great friend you are! you inspire me so much! keep posting please!

krissilugbill said...

hahah here i am again :) So I was thinking that if you love garage sale-in so much you would love thrift store shopping! I haven't been in such a long time, but it is so much fun. Goodwill is seriously the best :)

Ashley said...

Wow you got some great deals!! Do u guys have a truck? How'd u lug all that home? I love the little wagon. I really want to get Isaac one. I have kind of gotten into the whole garage saleing and flea market thing...I need to take a break...lol. I was like wait do I really need this stuff? haha...but they are great! We have a train station by us that goes into NYC and every weekend in the parking lot they set up a flea market! it is so fun.